Monday 25 July 2011

First real low and some lessons learnt

I shot another practice FITA this weekend in preparation for next weekend's FITA Star. It was a little windy and I knew shooting the hinge would cause some mis-aimed shots.

However, I allowed the breeze to affect the shot too much; becoming tense whilst I fought the dot into the middle which made things worse and I really did not shoot as well as I could, and should.

In the end I put in 1330 (313/339/329/349). The 70m distance was pretty good, as was 90m considering, but 50m and especially 30m was not well shot. I forgot the basic principles of shooting.

In fact I was so unhappy with 30m I shot a dozen @ 30m again, this time really applying myself, and put in 120. It proves that regardless of the weather, being relaxed but strong in the shot will return a good score.

However in hindsight this was a good lesson. It proves that even when I really do not shoot my best, and the weather is not great, I can still shoot a solid MB level score. However I am lacking a bit of confidence and need a good solid FITA Star to settle any doubts that I can shoot good scores with the hinge under competition pressures. Lets hope for good weather this weekend.

1 comment:

  1. Great blog, I will be following from now on. Archery is so much a mental game, I can totally relate to your struggles at 30m, then shooting a 120. Nice job, keep up the good work.

    http://takingawalkonthewildside.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete