Sunday 10 July 2011

Practice FITA

Shot a 1359 (324/337/343/355) FITA in practice today. Was nervous, stupid really in practice, but I guess its the anticipation of shooting so well with the hinge recently I am getting ahead of myself. I didn't shoot that well, far too much tension but when I did force myself to relax the shots were great.

50m was brilliant, putting in a practice PB of 343; shot when relaxed and letting the dot float around the gold. This distance has really improved for me over the last 6 months, and has been really strong.

The Surrey Champs are this weekend. I have two days before hand to practice and get together my form. I know if I shoot my best, and am not nervous I can put in a big score. Even today, with nerves and not so good form I can still shoot a good score, so I have nothing to be nervous about! All I need to think about is the 1350 I shot at the UK Masters and draw on that confidence.

No comments:

Post a Comment