Monday 18 July 2011

Shooting the hinge; more practice PB's and my first competition

Have shot a new practice PB of 686 for a 70m 720. Some really great shots, some mistakes still but it felt really good. Also coupled with a slight tweak to my stabilisation to move the COG forward a little.

I shot the hinge on the first day of the Surrey FITA weekend, on the 70m 720. Conditions were far from ideal, and got blow off for a 4 and 6 on two ends. However, it showed real promise in hard conditions, and without those gusts I would have been close the to leaders.

Unfortunately the first day was abandoned due to the weather, and was unable to make the FITA due to family issues. I now look forward to the Andover FITA Star, hopefully the weather will be calm and I can really test my progress at competition level.

No comments:

Post a Comment