Monday 5 September 2011

End of season and a new beginning

It's been a while since I last posted, and that has been deliberate. I have cut short my last outdoor comps and have tried to cut away all the archery "fluff" around the edges to firstly give myself a bit if a break and to try and focus on the core aspects of this sport that matters. At the end of the day its a hobby, not life and death.

My last comps were the Andover FITA Star and the Kent County Champs. I put in two solid MB scores of 1332 and 1339, but left the KCC halfway through the round as my mind was not in the right place. I have worked hard this season and needed some down time.

Looking back I have had a really good season, my best ever. Eight MB scores on the trot, some in difficult conditions (weather has been rubbish this year). The highlight for me is my 1350 FITA at the UK Masters, which was a competition PB and I finally got my 1350 Star. Just the 1400 Star to go...

I am now looking forward to the winter season with confidence and enthusiasm. My C3 is being converted to a dedicated indoor bow with 50lbs limbs so I can focus on technique. I am also doing the FGA field shoot and hope to do some more field over the winter to keep things interesting and fresh, ready for next year.

No comments:

Post a Comment