Tuesday 20 September 2011

Friars Gate Archers Summer Field Shoot

Took part in only my second field shoot ever, which was a Foresters round. I had shot the FGA Spring shoot earlier in the year, and had shot a half reasonable score back then for my first ever field shoot. I went into this just wanting to relax and enjoy myself, and I did, adding 90 points to my previous score, to bag 900 for a 28 target round. This landed me a close second place behind a top score of 940. This was the first round I had shot with my new release aid, a Stan SX2. I had swapped this for the Carter JbC, simply because the Stan allows me to get the thumb position I want. I can naturally place the bone of the thumb on the trigger, without having to hunt for the position like on the JbC. I often ended up putting the fleshly part of the thumb on the trigger and this lead to lots of inconsistencies. It worked! Once I had got into the groove I was really drilling the shots home, and with some good distance estimation not missing much in the middle. Looking back I didn't really think much whilst shooting, just got on with it and my technique took over and got the job done. The indoor season is now starting, and I am close to completing my indoor set-up, which is my old C3. Looking forward to it.

No comments:

Post a Comment