Sunday 21 October 2012

Sussex Champs and EFAA 3D National Champs

I shot an unmarked FITA Field PB by one point at the Sussex Champs (374). Was fairly pleased with my days shooting, I had a strong second half. However, again, I got the face size wrong (60/80cm) and also set the wrong sight mark on one target. I need to be more professional if I am going to succeed at FITA field.

Next up was the EFAA National 3D Champs. I saw this as a bit of fun, which helped, because I came top of the AMUL category. I am a national champion for the first time ever! The first day score was pretty decent, with a 532 for the 3D Precision round. The next day, I maxed out the Big Game round (as did the whole top group). The Supra and the Protours shot amazingly well over the two days.

I must admit I am getting excited about 3D archery. This was all marked, but it was still a real challenge, especially when it came to aiming and working out where the scoring zones are. It's something I intend to do more of. The ultimate will be unmarked 3D, but one step at a time...

Here are some pictures of me shooting and collecting my medal. Thanks to Gary, Tony and Martin for being great group companions over the two days (and well done to Tony and Martin on their placings as well). Photos by Matthew Murdoch.









No comments:

Post a Comment