Sunday 27 January 2013

EFAA Field round PB

Today I shot an EFAA Field round at Whitemark Bowmen (classification shoot), hoping to get near the 540 mark. Rather than trying to get the minimum SFM scores (530+), my aim is to start hitting 540 and higher this year.

I nearly did it. In the end I shot 534, with the last arrow on the last target of the day missing the face due to a cracked nock that exploded on release. It was a decent shot on a shortish target so it was a theoretical 539, just short of 540.

I am not disappointed though. Despite dropping some silly points, I shot well overall. I have been working on my thumb position on the trigger, having been shooting with the tip of the thumb on the trigger recently. This has not been working, and so have gone back to wrapping my thumb around it and being positive with pulling through the shot.

What has also helped is putting a little more weight on the back rod, which has resulted in the aim becoming steadier, hence me being more relaxed, therefore resulting in better execution. A more balanced bow can result in shots being squirted upwards if the hand pressure is not right, but I think I gain more than I lose. No such problems today.

5 comments:

  1. The gorgeous post learned a great deal Thanks greatly!

    pimpmybow

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey! I have read all your Blog this So Nice and Awesome service you have provided, I learn many new things from here and want implement my website. If you are also Know for something Rifle Shooting Worcestershirerelated to this then visit my website.

    ReplyDelete

  3. I enjoyed over read your blog post. Your blog have nice information, I got good ideas from this amazing blog. I am always searching like this type blog post. I hope I will see again.

    visit our website

    ReplyDelete