Thursday 3 January 2013

Whats next for 2013?

I have been considering what I want to do for 2013. I maybe changing jobs soon, and it may have an impact on my shooting time. At very least, I may not have regular shooting slots any more. So, I need to have a way of just being able to shoot with no frills.

Last season, I shot a lot of FITA Field, including un-marked, and is an area I need to improve to be good at it. However, I just need to spend my time shooting, so unmarked will take a step back this year. I will focus on EFAA shoots, as I enjoy the precision nature of the Field and Hunter rounds, and marked 3D. This way, I just turn up and shoot good shots.

I have also decided to make a "guest" appearance at the Surrey Target Champs this year as a one off. By the time the shoot comes around in July, I wont have shot a FITA in two years. I wont practice hard for it, I will just get some sight marks and maybe shoot a few ends at 90m in the weeks leading up to it. Then we will see what happens...

I did have a go at 90m today though on a 80cm FITA Field face. After getting a sight mark, which involved pulling the sight all the way in a messing around with the windage, I shot a rather nice group!



No comments:

Post a Comment