Tuesday 12 November 2013

So, what's been happening?

Well, it has been a long while since I last posted on my blog. This year has been a quieter year for me, intentionally so, as I changed jobs and did not know where that would lead me. As it turns out, I can pursue my archery just as much and with more flexibility around shooting time, so that's good.

This year has been actually pretty good. I have shot more PB's than ever before, even though I have not shot as much (through work and some by choice), and I really feel I am better than previous years not just in technique but understanding of bow setup.

So the highlights this year are:

  • Re-qualified my EFAA SFM classification.
  • Won the EFAA Spring Champs.
  • Shot an EFAA national record for the Forester round.
  • Shot numerous PB's for the Field, Hunter and 3D rounds in EFAA competitions.
  • Came second at the SCAS Field Champs (with a FITA Field PB and my first MB score).
  • Won the Surrey Field Champs and retained my title from last year.
  • Gone back to a Mathews C3 as I think this is more comfortable to shoot, even though the PSE Supra was superb over the last two years.
What will I do for next year? I am going to focus more one FITA Field and get that cracked as best I can. I would like to get at least my MB next year and start to push for GMB, but its really down to what happens on the day and the course, but its a goal to aim for. but I will continue to shoot IFAA as well, time permitting of course!

6 comments:

  1. I use to love working at a archery pro shop in Caldwell ID. I hope to get back there soon.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Bows can be used to replace guns while hunting, so to have quality archery lessons can mean the difference between claiming an animal or not. You should know what kinds of arrows are best suited for hunting since there's no such thing as one arrow to suit them all. Different conditions call for different archery equipment. archerylessons.info

    ReplyDelete
  3. Archery in is good source of recreation and it can help to shape the mind and the body positively. Archery in Pakistan and Islamabad is best place for improving the decision making skills. www.shaheenadventures.com/archery-in-pakistan-islamabad/

    ReplyDelete

  4. You need to kill time, you need entertainment. Refer to our website. hope you get the most comfort.
    Thanks you for sharing!
    visit our website

    ReplyDelete
  5. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete